We had the opportunity to spend our last week of summer together at Sky Ranch Family Camp in Westcliffe, CO. The last 7 days have been filled with zip lining, singing, late nights, helpful talks with other parents, star gazing in the night sky, writing blessings to speak over each of our boys, and simply being together as a family.
One of my favorite moments was finding a small creek surrounded by Aspen trees on a hike we were on. After some exploring, throwing rocks, and carving our name into a nearby Aspen tree, we sat down together and recited our resolutions. It was pretty cool having Boys to Men Club at 9,500 ft. in a Colorado creek!
For anyone interested, here are our Boys to Men Club resolutions:
1. Be like Jesus (1 John 2:6).
2. Our strength is bigger than our muscles (Isaiah 40:31; Ephesians 6:10; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
3. Our words will build up, not tear down (Ephesians 4:29).
4. Our enemy is strong, but our God is stronger (Ephesians 6:10-18).
5. We will love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37).
6. We will celebrate the success of another, especially when our gifts are similar (1 Corinthians 15:4; Philippians 2:3).
7. We will be faithful to God to the end (Psalm 119:30).